What is Dermatoglyphics
The word Dermatoglyphyics comes from two Greek words (dermis means the skin and glyphics means the Curve). It refers to the frictional ridge formations which appear on the palms of the hands and soles of the feet. The scientific study and analysis of fingerprints are called Dermatoglyphics.
The connection between the fingerprints and therefore the brain are established at the stage when the fetus is 13 to 19 weeks old. The dermal ridges on our fingers are linked to brain development. The dermatoglyphics features are genetically determined and are influenced by the environmental factors and disturbances at the time of development within the womb.
Dermatoglyphics is the DNA reflection of our Brain.
Dr. Harold Cummins is considered The daddy of Dermatoglyphics.
Dermatoglyphics and Career Planning
All individuals have unique fingerprints. This is because everyone features a unique talent hidden during a script of fingerprints. Here are the results of the research :
- No two people have exactly the same fingerprints, even identical(monozygotic) twins. Fingerprints on the proper hand won’t be an equivalent because the ones on the left .
- While fingerprints will increase in size( from childhood to adulthood), dermatoglyphic patterns remain unchanged throughout the life of an individual. If fingers are burnt, after healing the wound, the new skin has exactly the same as the original pattern.
- Both the systema nervosum and therefore the epidermal ridges have a standard origin from the ectoderm within the embryo.
Dermatoglyphics is an innovative method that records and analyses a child’s ten fingerprints to spot their natural talents, creative potential, and learning styles. This will help parents to optimize the most effective ways of nurturing their child.
Related to Dermatoglyphics there are few more studies conducted by researchers which will help parents guide their children in their education and career.
The Brain Theory
The Right brain– left brain theory grew the work of Roger W. Sperry, who is awarded the Nobel Prize in 1981.
Students, who have a difficult time following verbal instructions (often cited as a Right-brain characteristic) can benefit from writing down directions and developing better organization skills. The study demonstrates that the Right – left hemispheres are specialized in different tasks. Right Brain hemisphere corresponds to Left-hand body and Left Brain hemisphere corresponds to the Right-hand side of the body.
The right hemisphere can only produce rudimentary words or phrases but contributes emotional context to language. Without help from the right hemisphere, you would be able to read a word for instance, but you wouldn’t be able to imagine what it is. The right hemisphere of the brain is involved when you are making a map or giving directions an hour to get to your home from the airport. The left hemisphere of the brain is normally specialized in taking care of the logical, analytical, and verbal tasks. The left side speaks much better than the right-hand side, while the right half takes care of the space perception tasks and music, creativity, emotion.
The Theory of Multiple Intelligences.
The theory of multiple intelligences was proposed by Howard Gardner in his book ” the idea of Multiple Intelligences”. Gardner articulate Nine criteria for a behavior to be considered an intelligent one. According to him, each individual possesses a unique blend of all intelligence. He categorized intelligence into three primary or overarching algorithms, those which are formulated by abilities. These are:
1) the ability to make an efficient product or offer a service that’s valued during a culture.
2) a set of skills that make it possible for an individual to unravel problems in life, and
3) the potential for locating or creating solutions for problems, which involves gathering new knowledge.
Every person is born with 9 different innate(god gifted) talents. Although dermatoglyphics may identify an individual’s potential one might not be ready to reach his/her full potential without training. Let us discuss these talents one by one.
- Linguistic- Verbal intelligence: Persons with Linguistic – verbal intelligence have a robust ability to know and use spoken and written communication . They have the power to precise themselves through speech or the word and therefore the increased ability to find out foreign languages. People with this type of intelligence are good at remembering written and spoken information, giving and communicating, giving oral communication, news sports, presenting a radio drama, good at spelling, like word drama, good at spelling, like word games, etc. Suitable careers for persons with such intelligence are writers, Journalists, lawyers, teachers, public speakers, content writers, politicians, and so on.
- Logical-mathematical Intelligence: Persons with logical-mathematical intelligence have a strong ability to analyze problems and issue logically, excel at mathematical operations, and carry out scientific investigation. This can include the ability to use formal and informal reasoning skills such as deductive reasoning and to detect patterns. Maths smart children tend to think conceptually about numbers, have excellent problem-solving skills, and shine at strategy games. Suitable careers for such persons are Scientists, Accountants, Computer Programmers, Engineers, Mathematicians, etc.
- Visual-Spatial Intelligence: this sort of intelligence involves how well individual processes visual information. This includes the power to see objects and rotate, transform, and otherwise manipulate them. It is a foundation intelligence upon which many of the other intelligence rely and interact. Art smart children are good at visualizing things and they are good at creating charts, diagrams think in 3-d, excels in manipulating objects in their mind. Suitable careers are Physicists, Architects, Computer engineers, builders, and so on.
- Bodily-kinesthetic intelligence: Bodily-Kinesthetic intelligence involves how well as individual controls their body in terms of physical activity and/or fine motor skills. Individuals who excel during this intelligence typically learn best by doing something as against just reading about it. Body smart children are said to be good at body movement performing actions and physical actions and physical control i.e they need excellent hand-eye coordination and dexterity, they are good at dance, excellent physical coordination, like to build things. Careers that folks can attend are Athletics, Dancers, builder, gymnasts, surgeons, sculptors, and so on.
- Musical Intelligence: Musical intelligence involves how skillful a private is in performing, composing, and appreciating music and music patterns. Individuals who excel during this intelligence typically are ready to use rhythms and patterns to help in learning. Music smart children are good at thinking in patterns, rhythms, and sounds. They have a good appreciation of music, enjoy rhythms, poetry, etc. Careers are composers, Musicians, band directors, conductors, soundboard operators, singers, music teachers, etc.
- Interpersonal Intelligence: Such intelligence involves how skillful a private is in understanding and handling Individuals who excel in this intelligence typically are able to discern the moods, feelings, and motivations of others. People smart children are good at understanding and interacting with one another. They are skilled in assessing the emotion, motivations, desires, good at communicating verbally, in sensing other motives. These people can become Politicians, teachers, counselors, social workers, diplomats, coaches, psychologists, philosophers, salespeople, etc.
- Intrapersonal Intelligence: Intrapersonal intelligence involves how skillful a private in understanding themselves. Individuals who excel in this intelligence typically are introspective and can use personal problems. Such individuals are introspective and self-reflective. They tend to enjoy self-reflection including daydreaming, excellent self-awareness, introverted, spends time alone, self-motivated. Suitable careers are poets, psychologists, writers, scientists, theorists, philosophers.
- Naturalist Intelligence: Naturalist Intelligence: involves how sensitive an individual is towards the world around them. Individuals who excel during this intelligence have an interest in growing plants and/or taking care of animals also as sensitive to other features of the natural world(clouds, rocks). Nature smart children have an interest in categorizing plants, animals, enjoy camping, hiking and exploring outdoors, enjoy gardening, etc. Suitable careers are Biologists, Zookeepers, gardeners, farmers, marine biologists, animal trainers, farmers, conservationists, and so on.
- Existential Intelligence: Such intelligence involves an individuals’ ability to use collective values and intuition to know others and therefore the world around them. Individuals who excel during this intelligence typically are ready to see the large picture. The children possessing existential intelligence are ready to see the large picture just like the existence of ghosts and spirits, curious about questions on life, death, and beyond. Able to look beyond the senses to explain phenomena, have a strong interest in society, and those around them. People with this sort of intelligence can become Philosophers, theologians, life coaches, cosmologists, etc.
Dermatoglyphics and Learning styles
In today’s changing world, not only have systems of education changed, but the methods during which the youngsters learn have changed also . Television, Multimedia, computers, video games have all contributed to changes within the way a child’s brain takes in new information and assimilates it. Children today have a shorter attention plan span than the children of the past generation.
Learning styles is a person’s natural or habitual pattern of acquiring and processing information. One of the foremost common and widely-used categorizations of the varied sorts of learning is VARK’s Model by Neil Fleming. Children are identified by their following preferences:
1) Visual Learners: Their learners are often best seen by Pictures, movies, diagrams, graphic displays like charts, diagrams.
2) Aural Learners: Auditory learners learn best by hearing information(music, discussion, lectures). They tend to urge an excellent distribution of lectures and are good at remembering things they’re told.
3) Reading&Writing learners: Such learners prefer to take in the information displayed as works(matching list, reading a textbook, taking notes).
4) Kinesthetic learners: Tactile learners learn best by touching and doing experiments, movements, and hand-on activities.
Providing a rich learning environment
Why are the children show more interest in a game than in their studies in school?
What expectancies has the game set up that aren’t being delivered in school settings?
The question becomes one among harnessing the training abilities that children develop as a result of their exposure to media and using them to reinforce academic performance. Children today learn
more readily with the use of multi-media approaches to teaching. Children within the classroom, educational videos, and even video games are all aspects of a contemporary learning environment that oldsters can use to supply their children with a start.
As a parent, our greatest bet is to use dermatoglyphics report based methods and technology to our advantage within the following ways:
- Seek out educational media choices that work with your kid’s preferences instead of against them;
- Make use of educational videos that hold your child’s attention;
- Don’t force old-fashioned learning methods if they simply aren’t working for your child;
- Make television and computer learning tools instead of just entertainment devices;
- Make the most of the early years of your child;
- Develop the habit of reading and a love of learning in your child;
- Utilize the amount of time that your child spends at home more productively;
Benefits of Dermatoglyphics Report
Dermatoglyphics can produce significant gains in children’s learning and development. Integrating dermatoglyphics findings with infancy education assists many children in avoiding poor outcomes, like throwing in the towel of faculty. Some additional characteristics of a dermatoglyphics based early education program are as follows:
- Children have a safe nurturing and stimulating environment.
- Parents plan a balanced learning schedule during which the youngsters don’t feel fatigued.
- Suggest ways for a robust foundation in language development, early literacy, and math.
- The program engages children in purposeful learning activities and plays supported
- The advisor regularly communicates with parents in order that they’re active participants in their children’s education.
How to Take Fingerprints
There are two ways of taking fingerprints :
1) Automated Fingerprint system: Fingerprints are taken with the help of an optical scanner or a capacitive scanner.
2) Manual Fingerprint system: Here the fingerprints are taken manually with the help of a pencil and paper.
Scanned fingerprints are uploaded into a computer database which transforms it into digital minutiae. This is then used to analyze the characteristics of the person with the help of the software to generate the dermatoglyphics report of a person.